Aloha, please note our delivery area is Kihei, Wailea and Makena areas of Maui. If you put in a delivery address other then Kihei, Wailea or Makena your order will not be delivered and we will issue a refund.
FRIDAY MAY 8TH IS SOLD OUT AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERIES.
SATURDAY MAY 9TH SOUTH MAUI AREAS OF KIHEI, WAILEA AND MAKENA $15
SUNDAY MAY 10TH SOUTH MAUI AREAS OF KIHEI, WAILEA AND MAKENA $20
Some of our most requested potted orchid plants are Dendrobium, Phalaenopsis, and Oncidiums. They come in a variety of colors.
Presented in a grower’s basket $60.00. Presented in ceramic or basket additional $25.00. These plants usually are about two feet tall and have about 10-15 flowers per stem. We get these beauties from Haiku and Kula areas of Maui.
Basic Orchid Care
Orchids need six things to bloom. If you cannot identify your orchid, then start with these basic care guidelines:
- Light – Give orchids bright light, but no direct sun.
- Water – Water them thoroughly once or twice a week — more when it’s warmer, less when it’s cooler. Make sure the water drains completely out of the holes at the bottom of the pot. Never leave the plant sitting in water!
- Fertilizer – Fertilize them when they are growing.
- Air movement – Provide gentle air circulation for the plant.
- Humidity – Provide some humidity for the plant; most do not like very dry environments
- Proper temperatures – Keep the daytime temperature between 65°- 75°F /18°- 24°C with a nighttime temperature drop of a few degrees
Fun Fact: Orchids have been documented about 120 million years ago along with the dinosaurs. Did you know that the Vanilla Orchid provides us with the ever-popular vanilla flavor? Yep, that’s right folks, vanilla comes from an orchid!